Friday, January 15, 2010

Day five alive

Today we drove further, along a really good road. We arrived at this small village with our big brother Benson driving and his two little princesses in the Van with us (they were ready for a swim .....floaty rings and all) we pulled up to a stop right outside one village shack. The team leader was aware that the owner of this place was in a wheelchair. We prayed on him and encouraged him to walk. He stood to his feet then sat back down. Then I went for a swim with Benson and his two daughters. The rest of our crew made their way to another house (hut). I saw these young fellas carrying a canoe down to the ocean. Keen to help I approached and asked if i could lift it with them. We carried it down to the sea's edge. I had my flippers and was cheering for a swim. One young fella offered a ride in the outrigger type canoe and said he would drop me off out the back of the breakers. So yay, I was paddling a canoe with the locals(so fun).Then one of our crew called for me and we went to pray, sing and dance with the oldest man in the village. He had some no good disease ripping him off and sometimes he would motion like he wanted to punch me. The Holy Spirit is so strong.

Another old fella cut fresh paw-paw for us and we ate it together in his rest area near the beach. After our swim we went to the creek to rinse a local fella rigged up a pipe to the stream so we could squat and shower.

More vacant beds were showing when we arrived at the hospital. Jesus is in a good mood with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fund a creative project