Sunday, October 24, 2010

Co-crucified

2:17 However, if in our quest to discover righteousness by faith in what Christ did for us, we find that it is still possible to stumble, do not now label yourself a sinner yet again! The fact that you sinned does not cancel the cross of Christ and gives you no reason to abandon justification by faith as if Christ is to be blamed for your distraction! That would be absurd! (Now all of a sudden you want to keep the law again to further add to your righteousness as if Christ did not achieve enough. Do not let your experience invent a new grace-law mixture doctrine.)

2:18 Only a con artist will try to be a law-man and a grace-man at the same time!

2:19 My co-crucifixion with Christ is valid! I am not making this up; in His death I died to the old system of trying to please God with my own good behavior! God made me alive together with Christ (in His resurrection! Hos.6:2, Eph.2:5. How can any human effort improve on this!)

2:20 The terms, co-crucified and co-alive defines me now. Christ in me and I in Him! (John 14:20) His sacrificial love is evidence of His persuasion of my righteousness! (He believes in my innocence; it would be offensive to continue to seek to be justified by personal effort!)

2:21 It is a insult to the grace of God to prefer Moses to Jesus!
If the law could justify you then Jesus wasted His time dying your death!
(That would reduce salvation to a ludicrous contest between your obedience and the obedience of Christ! Rom.5:19)

Galatians - Mirror translation.
Blissjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fund a creative project